Do you need to buy maternity workwear or should you just make do with what’s already in your closet? If you want to be comfortable in the office throughout your pregnancy, then it’s important to invest in some essentials. Fortunately, it is not difficult to find pieces that you can wear long after you have given birth. Here are some of the best work-appropriate maternity clothes you won’t regret buying:
- Flowy Pieces: Blouses that are light and flowy never fail to flatter. Whether you want to conceal your growing bump or simply want to stay comfortable as you begin to show, these maternity clothes are great during and post-pregnancy.
- Knit Dresses: Knit dresses come in many styles, from form-fitting jersey sheaths to more loose-fitting dresses. They’re super comfortable while you’re pregnant and will transition flawlessly into your post-bump wardrobe.
- Blazers: Maternity blazers are cut specifically to button over a growing belly. Pair them with your maternity office wear or throw them over a shirt and jeans on the weekend. They’re always chic!
- Cardigans: Long cardigans work great for the expecting working woman because they provide a useful layer as you transition from cold weather into warm, or vice versa, extending the use of your summer wardrobe into early fall. It can also give you a more dressed down option if you don’t want the uber-formal vibe of a blazer for the day.
- Maternity Pants: You can get away with high-quality maternity leggings or skinny pants that can be dressed up for casual Fridays. But for smarter occasions, you might need a couple of maternity dress pants. The key is buying a pair the fits you well and offers lots of room for growth. Whether you prefer a straight leg or skinny cut, a crop length or the bootcut, the choice is yours and there is a wide variety of options.
There are many other maternity pieces that you can invest in when building your workwear wardrobe. Take a look at your office’s dress code before you start shopping. Make sure you invest in pieces that you won’t get tired of wearing. And of course, go for comfort and style.